Friday, July 25, 2008

A First

Last night we dropped Lily off with Grandma and Grandpa for a fun filled weekend of camping! We were there for a while because Chris was getting help from his Dad fixing his brakes. We had dinner and then we said good-bye. That is ALWAYS so much harder on us then it is for her. Last night that was only compounded because she was tired and it was well past bedtime before we left. Her little lip trembled just a little, but is was enough to make the corners of my eyes burn as they started to tear. We gave her big hugs and kisses and she said "Mommy Daddy right backt" and we told that we would be right back and she was going to have a great time. Then Grandma wisked her into the bathroom to get her teeth brushed.

We made it out without any loud protests (from me or her :-)! Chris and I drove home in one car. The back brakes went on great but there is something wrong with a piston?. Thankfully it won't cost much to repair but Chris cannot drive the car because it might catch on fire. When he told me that I told him that there was NO way he was driving it home then (we were 45 mins from home) because that has the makings of a Chris and Megan story! So his car is still in Joppa and will remain there until he and his Dad gets the brakes right. Fun times!

We drove home in the van with Miss. Charlotte who protested very VERY loudly ALL the way home. Once we got her home and settled in with a bottle it only took about 15 mins for her to fall asleep. That brings me to my title A First.

Today is the very first day in Charlotte's 9.5 month existence that she and I have been alone all day. I must say it has been very nice. Not that I don't miss Lily, there is huge hole in my heart and this house. I know that she is in great hands with two people who adore her. It is just nice to be able to listen to Charlotte babble and coo, even the screeching isn't as bad.

This morning she got up a little earlier then I thought that she would with getting to bed so late. I got her and her bottle and we snuggled on the couch. We BOTH ended up falling asleep! Just all snuggled together. Then we got up and got some breakfast, I think that she likes having all of my attention as well. She helped me unfold some of the clothes I was folding and crawled all around my feet. We had lunch and now she is napping.

Lily isn't the only one going on an adventure this weekend. Charlotte has a weekend getaway too! This evening my Aunt Tracy is coming to pick her up, and tomorrow they are headed to a birthday party! We love to share our babies with the people that love them. I have also learned the hard way to take the breaks when they are offered. I know that is also in great hands with people that adore her. So I am truly able to relax.

This isn't going to be a play weekend for Chris and I we are going to be little worker bee's getting things done around here that just aren't possible with the girls home. Shampoo the carpets and gets some things organized are on the list of things to get done.

Oh a quick Lily and the potty update... I really don't think that her doctor gave her the 2nd Hep A injection. I think she gave her big girl juice of something! She has been actively asking to go to the potty and several days this week she has had dry pull-ups in between potty trips! We are still going to have the Panty Princess come next Thursday night though. She is over the moon excited about that!!

Grandma also just called and Lily sounded so happy. I could here her in the backseat saying "Mommy away!" She has been treating them to her singing. Elmo's world has been a favorite this morning! They are on their way right now to the camp! Have fun my sweet baby girl!!! :-)

2 comments:

Reba said...

Okay, I have to admit...I am so very envious. :) I really want a weekend at home without any little interruptions (not that I don't love them :). However, finding homes for all of them is difficult. So I will live vicariously through you. :) Organize for me. :)
Reba

Anonymous said...

Ok first I am very envious of Grandma & Grandpa and Aunt Tracy.
Second there will be no fires. MomMom is not there with her fire brigade buckets.
I love you all. Try to sneak in a little "play time" while the carpets are drying!!