Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Fun

We are finishing up our great 2 week visit with Juice. I love to see Lily and Jewel play together, it reminds me of how young Lily still is! Jewel is so patient with her, she has a great mothering instinct. Yesterday she asked if she could get Lily a cup of water. I told her it was fine. She went over to Lily got down on her level and told her step by step what she was going to do, and not to "worry, because I am coming right back. Ok?" It was so sweet!

They are good for each other for so many reasons. Jewel helps Lily pick the perfect outfit when playing dress up, and helps me encourage her to use the potty. Lily helps Jewel cut loose a little, they dance, and sing together. Don't get me wrong we have had moments of to much togetherness. Mostly, it has been with Lily and the fact that she is two and feeling a little in the middle. Luckily we realized that early on and have made adjustments to make sure she has a little alone with Chris and I each day. That has helped immensely. Charlotte is enjoying the extra attention from the two big girls. Jewel likes to help her, and Lily likes to do everything Jewel is doing. It really has been a good time!

Today we are having a down in the house day. There are runny noses everywhere, and with that comes crabby pants. It is just not a good day to be out in public alone with three of them.

Chris is off this Friday and we have plans for Jewel's going home "celebration" (we told her we could have a little party on her last day and that night she told her Mommy she that we were going to have a celebration just for her!!). I am going to go out tonight (all by MYSELF- run Mommy run!!) and pick up a photo album for Jewel and give it to her on Friday. I have taken a TON of pictures so we are going to give her that to remember everything that we have done.

2 comments:

Reba said...

Yes, run, Mommy, run! :) Anyway, I think cousin time is SOOO important. We have been doing that this week though the cousins are at my parents' and not our house. But watching them play together...amazing. I love the photo album idea!
Reba

Anonymous said...

The photo album is the best gift ever!! Bri loves to look back at the one Meme made for her and play I remember when...Like Bri, Jewel will never forget that "special" time with her Megan and the girls!!

Love you all!
Fairy Godmother