Sunday, July 27, 2008

Stop the presses!!!

This morning I was writing this great post in my head while I was finishing the carpets. It was full of 'it looks so great' and 'yeah it is all baby proofed now!' and 'we got it all done!'

Never once did I think I would be using words like, pipe, water, mess. Or sentences like, What do you mean there is water leaking from the ceiling in the basement?! Or Why can I see the floor through the drain in the kitchen sink?!

Long gone is that sunshine, and love post. This is our reality! LOL

We had cleaned out the sink in the kitchen and were using it to dump out the yucky water from the carpet (gross I know). This works the best for us and I always triple clean the sink once we are done. Well somehow something got stuck in the drain and Chris used the plunger to clear it. He says that he didn't push it too hard. ;-)

He cleared the drain and went back to picking up the kitchen for me while I finished up. After a while he went down stairs to put a new load of laundry in the washer. The carpet cleaner is pretty loud, but I heard him run up the stairs yelling that a pipe must have burst because the ceiling in the basement has water running from it freely! He opened the cabinets under the sink and gets looking around. I by that time had come around the corner and peering into the sink. I noticed that I could see through the drain hole into the cabinet!!

He REALLY did cleared the drain!!! The pipe had come out of the drain and was hanging there. Oh my! The water that was coming out of the ceiling was the yucky water from the carpet. Everyone all together "EWWWWWWWWWWWW" it is ok, I am totally grossed out by it all!

Long story short, it is fixed, the cabinet is dry, and Chris is still denying that he pushed too hard!

Oh BTW, the house looks/smells great, it is totally baby proofed!

1 comments:

Reba said...

I really am so envious you had that time, wet carpet and all. Doesn't it feel awesome? So much easier to do without the kids "helping" :)
Reba