Friday, July 11, 2008

Taking a minute...

We are still here and back to normal. We have had a busy week as the girls' have had a guest! Their Cousin Juice!! She has been with us since last week and is going to be staying until next weekend. She is a very good girl and a great helper. But by the time they go to bed at night all I want to do is crash!! I am going to update here in bullets since every time I have tried to write...well it is just easier this way!!

July 4th- The afternoon was quiet as we had to keep Charlotte in and down for the day. I think someone forgot to let Charlotte in on this! As soon as we got home and she napped she was totally back to normal! I took Lily over to get her fish. We got two and she named them both Dorothy- just like Elmo! We got them home and all set up she got to watch them as we had dinner. She really liked them!

Less then 48 hours later the first of the Dorothy's die.

Sunday Juice is here!! We did some errands and played in the pool. Lily is so tired by it was time to go to bed she fell asleep on her bedtime story!

Monday-Wednesday- enjoy our time with Juice. We went to the playground, went swimming, played in the back yard, dropped Megan's cell phone in the pool, sang songs,made crafts, moved the remaining Dorothy off of the kitchen table to make room for the new table, fished out the toy that was dropped into the tank later that afternoon, tried not to laugh while scolding Lily for dropping toy, watching a heart warming moment when she went back into the kitchen to hug and kiss the tank and tell Dorothy that she was orry.

Wednesday night Chris brought home our new kitchen table! Wahoo!!

Thursday- was informed by Lily that "shhh Dorothy sleeping" knowing that is never a good sign followed her into the kitchen to find Dorothy # 2 taking the 'long nap'... crap. I explained that yes Dorothy was taking a nap and that we needed to leave her alone. Had to call Juice into the room by herself explain in 6 year old language what happened, and that it was ok to be upset.

Chris got home and I was exiled from of the house. I think the wild look in my eyes bought my ticket out! I went on a hunt for a new cell phone. mine will work- if it is plugged in the wall... kinda defeats the whole 'moblie' aspect of the phone. I bought a new battery but it is not helping. We are going to take it all back to the store this weekend to have the phone itself looked at to see if can be fixed. I also completed a parenting first for me, I stopped at the fish store for a replacement Dorothy... keeping count we are now up to 3 fish in the span of a week.

Got home, get the fish situated, we came back to check on it before we went to bed and guess what? Yup another one bit the dust! ARGH!! Chris and I decided that we are done with fish for a while. We gave Dorothy III a grand burial at sea, cleaned out the fish tank and put it outside.

Juice knew that we had gotten another fish, so this morning I had the task of yet again explaining things in 6 year old language and again reassuring her that it is ok to be upset. Thankfully Lily only asked once about her fish and I told her that she was having a sleepover with Elmo. She is only two and I will have more then enough times to break her heart when things like this happen.

Tomorrow we are going to brave DC and go to the National Zoo!! The big girls are very excited, Charlotte just wants to be anywhere there is a teething ring and food.

So there it is I think I am totally caught up.

0 comments: