Sunday, July 20, 2008

Priceless

Chris and I had a first in our marriage! Last night we snuck out and spent the night at a hotel! :-) We haven't stayed alone in a hotel room since our honeymoon!

My sister drove all the way up to bring Jewel back home and was going to stay the night at friends house. Before they left I was joking and asked if the girls could go with them. It snowballed from there.

We put the girls to sleep and went over everything and were gone. In my rush to clean up the house and get everything for the girls done I left the house and didn't pack a thing!! Chris on the other hand packed like we were going away for a month! I had pulled things out, they didn't make it into the bag! Once I realized it I was not going back!

We got to the hotel and checked in, then we went out to dinner. It was very nice and MUCH needed couple time. We talked and could hear each other, we slept IN! Past 6am! We slept in the same bed. Jewel had slept with me in our bed for the time she was here. Chris was awesome and stayed on the couch- yes for two weeks! He is SUCH a good man! We had a great time! It was wonderful!!

While we were at dinner we were talking and I told Chris about a commercial ( I think it was one of those 'priceless' ones) about a couple who have been married for 8 years, who had a do not disturb sign on their hotel room. We hadn't been married that long when I first saw it, and I remember thinking how great that would be.

Here is my version:

Hotel stay $101
Dinner for two $28
Late night trip to supermarket for everything wife forgot to pack $11
Still wanting to put the 'Do Not Disturb' on the door after 8 years married and two kids...

Priceless!

Thank you Maggie and Danielle for keeping our babies safe and sound!

2 comments:

Reba said...

I think those little things (that are big things are SO important for a marriage! Keep it up. :)
Reba

Anonymous said...

YOu keep right on having those little Mommy & Daddy "timeouts". Its what keeps the wheels on the bus going round and round, even when the road gets a little bumpy!! Love to all MomMom
You know the one Jewel loves with the brown hair, God love her she just refuses to see the silver hsirs. I hate to disppoint her but I am keeping them.... I earned each and every one!!!!!