Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!!

OK, not for another 6 weeks or so; BUT this weekend my hubby got me the present that I had wanted for some time, but always seem to miss the boat on. Ya wanna know what it is?! You know that you do....

On September 23 (also our 13th dating anniversary-total geek I know :-) @ 8pm, Chris and I are going to see Alantis Morissette- one of my most absolute favorites!! I <3 her!

I don't normally ask for anything this big but this is the year that I cross over to the BIG 3-0!
:-0 We both do actually ( I just go first! ) and we wanted to do something nice and not spend too much money! He is now thinking up what he would like to do! I am going to be counting down the days until we get to go!

The last time I went to a concert for my birthday I got to go see Paul McCartney! Now THAT was an awesome present. He is #1 and she is my#2 favorite. Crazy I know, but that is just who I am. In my IPod at this very moment I have a playlist that includes, The Beatles, Alantis Morissette, Metallica, and Mercy Me! Oh and not to be forgotten Barry Manilow and Madonna!

Today's word of the day kids is: eclectic!

Chris really doesn't 'get it', he is just along for the ride most times. He always laughs when I he listens to a CD I have made. A common comment is that 'you are the only I know that would have Guns N' Roses and Steven Curtis Chapman playing back to back!!' I smile back and say something about being very well rounded! I hope that girls will also have a great love for music, all kinds. From the post below you can see Lily is already on her way!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Ipod is the same ..I have PDiddy to Frank Sanatra! LOL

Murph said...

I bet that's going to be a great concert! What a brave man Chris is to go - Paul won't even stay in the room with me if I am listening to one of her albums. And forget our road trips - the deal is No Alanis for me and No Bob Dylan for him. :)

Reba said...

What an awesome gift early! I know you will have fun. (Our anniversary gift to each other this year is the Michael W. Smith/SCC concert) I mainly listen to KLRC our Christian station at home but I also like country, classic rock, and I enjoy both Guns and Roses right along with SCC. Eclectic is good. :)
Reba