Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Chats with Lily...

Here are a few I have been saving...

I keep a dry erase board in our kitchen. I update it about every six weeks and when I do I draw Team Henry complete with names. Lily LOVES this and will tell everyone who comes into the house who is on the board. "Rdette there, mommy there, daddy there, and lilliana there."

One day she was reciting this to Chris. After she identified all of us he asked her "and what does that make us?"

her response... "happy"

Yesterday I was let her wear her new shoes in the house to help break them in a little. I got them all unhooked and handed each one to her and she put them on. She got the biggest smile on her face and ran all over the house yelling " I love them, I love them!" My jaw was on the floor, she had never said anything like that before. I told her that I was glad that she liked her shoes. Then she started yelling "I love new shoes, I love shoes!!!"

She is going to be my diva!!!


We are working with Charlotte trying to get her to say Momma and Dada. She will say both but only if she is mad and wants us! Lily knows we are trying so she will get right down next to her and tell her "Rdette say Momma, say Momma, awwww good baby!"

OMG it is so sweet. Charlotte just looks at her smiling, and then pulls her hair!!! Lily handles that well. She just tells her in her firmest voice "No hair Rdette, here book" or whatever it close to hand her. It helps that she pulls my hair ALL the time so Lily doesn't take it personal!

1 comments:

Reba said...

How sweet! I love the "happy" comment...what a wonderful answer. I love tghat sister relationship. Both are precious girls!