Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Buzz Buzz

That sound makes me break out in a sweat. I don't know how many of you know this but I have an allergy to bees- makes summer time super fun! I haven't been stung for over 20 years (thankfully). The last time I was stung my foot swelled to twice it's size, and I wasn't able to walk for a week (fun times for a nine year old). Since then I have been super careful, don't go outside w/out shoes, don't wear lots of perfume etc. It has been so long that I don't know what a sting would really do. It is a 50/50 shot that I really don't want to take. My Dad is extremely allergic as well.

On Monday I was taking the girls to the playroom in the afternoon. We got upstairs, I was putting somethings away, and I heard what sounded like a weed-wacker. It was a loud buzz and it sounded really close. I didn't think too much about it... until I saw it. This bee was huge. I only saw a shadow of it in the window. At first I thought it was on the outside.. oh no, it somehow got it, and it looked mad that it couldn't get back out. My heart lept into my throat, I picked up Charlotte and started trying to get Lily to come to me to go back downstairs. While I am begging her to come to me, I have Chris on the phone telling about the huge killer bee. He misunderstands and thinks I said it looked like it was 3 FEET big. To which I told him that if this thing was 3 feet big, I wouldn't be on the phone with him I would have called the police! LOL I restated that the bee was 3 inches, which for a bee I think is still really big.

I got the girls downstairs and calmed Lily down, she thought she had been naughty and that is why I brought them down. I did what Mommy's do best and distracted her with a new activity and everything went back to normal.

After dinner, Chris went to go play great bee hunter. I heard things being thrown around, I am thinking OMG he is being attacked!! I opened the door, and he said everything was fine but he couldn't find it. Lily was of course wanting to go back upstairs, so I told her that Daddy had to help a bee. Here is the conversation:

Me: no we can't go can back up Daddy is helping a bee
Lily: Bee home? (bee going home) Mommy and Daddy
me: yes daddy is helping the bee go home ( me thinking: yes the bee is going to the great honeycomb in the sky!)
Lily: Bee irthday?
Me: Yes baby it is the bee's birthday
Lily: Aww bee!

She spent the morning yesterday drawing pictures of the Bee's birthday!

So far our friend still seems to be gone. It has been like Wild Kingdom around here lately.. we also have seen a Groundhog roaming around outside! At least he is cute! :-)

0 comments: