Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A whole new level...

Today I reached a whole level in my Mommyhood, today as I was talking to Chris on his way home from work I found dried spit up in my ear! YUMMO!! You just never know where you are going to find these types of things LOL!!

Moving right along... We have been doing really well. The girls spent the night with Grandpa and Grandma on Saturday. I don't know who had more fun!! It was so sweet to see them together. The girls have become little social butterflies these past few weeks! Chris and I love to share, and, are so happy that they have so many people who want to love them!! Plus.. he and I will take all the quiet time we can get!! :-)

During our out time on Saturday we stopped and picked up three blue balloons. On Sunday morning we got up and spent a quiet moment in the yard. Of course, it is Chris and I trying to have this moment together, so when we let the balloons go, they drifted right into a tree. Sigh.. After a few minutes, and one by one they all dislodged and went on their way. We decided that we would do this every year and include the girls as they get old enough to understand...but... we would only get one balloon. Hopefully, we can get at least one off w/out getting stuck!!

The girls have been just so good, and FUN lately. I don't know what is going on with them but we have been having a blast during the day. I think that it has a lot to do with the good sleep they are both getting. Good sleep=happy momma opps I mean baby!! It has been a LONG time since we have made the walk to the time out spot! Lily is just getting so big. I am going to be post soon about her ever growing imagination, and just some of her funny Lilisms. She cracks me up daily...

okkk you twisted my arm... one of the most recent Lilisms happened this week. Chris and I do not flaunt our bodies around the girls but we still get dressed in front of them, esp me during the week. A few days ago, Lily was in our bedroom while I was getting dressed in the morning. I was putting on a sports bra (so much more comfy for around the house). I was getting everything adjusted, Lily with her big brown eyes looked up at me and informed me that these were Mommy's boobies. I said yes they were. She took her little hands put them on her shoulders and said "lilys boobies". I told her that when she was a Mommy she would have boobies too. Later in the day she was putting her 125th princess ensemble on, she was getting frustrated. She kept saying Mommy. I took a closer look at what she was trying to do... she was pulling one of Charlotte's (big headed baby) hand bands over her waist and trying to cover her boobies. LOL!! I couldn't believe it!! I finally convinced her after a while.. that she could use it as a headband too!

There are so many more of these moments that have made up this week!!

Ohhh How could I forget... Charlotte.... is just about ready to crawl!! She can get both hands and a knee in the right position. When she gets the other knee where she needs it she rolls really fast onto her back!! The great news the baby who HATED, we are talking blood red faced screaming HATED tummy time, is now rolling all over the house!! Better yet she is spending significant time on her tummy! WE have even found her sleeping that way during the night! WAHOO!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful babies. I finally got a chance to see the newest pictures. I miss them!!! Love MOMMOM