Monday, May 26, 2008

Weekend Review

There are so many tag lines I could have used for the title of this. We had a fun weekend!

The first title: Reunited and it feels so good...

That is what should have been playing when Juice and Lily saw each other on Saturday! They were both a little shy at first, but once they got past that it was ON! Lily took Juice on a tour of her new room, and then we went outside to play, and play, and play!! They swung on the swings, slide down the slide, found interesting things in the yard, you name it. Charlotte missed a lot of the outdoor festivities b/c it was her nap time. They played all the way up to bedtime when they both PASSED out!

Juice slept with me in our bed, she is more comfortable there. Me on the other hand... it is not like she is a bed hog or anything, it is b/c I have to sleep completely different then normal. Chris and I sleep holding hands. It is just something that we do. Whenever we sleep apart, I have to hold my own hand to fall asleep. Silly I know but it just makes a little harder to get myself comfortable.

On Sunday, Charlotte and I snuck off to the early service at Church. I was only brave to do this b/c the service doesn't have music, which speeds it up a little. Plus, it was nice to have some quiet time with her. She was such a good baby, although while Rev. Cindy was reading the passage from the Gospel, Charlotte let out a very loud, YIP YA and Rev. Cindy lost her place and everyone giggled. I turned scarlet and prayed that she would just keep making happy noises!

I met with Rev. Cindy after the service to finish all the final prep for the big day! I can't believe it is only two weeks away! I told Rev. Cindy that I am enjoying this Baptism experience so much more w/out the influence of pregnancy hormones! At this point last year I cried if the wind blew wrong.

We made it home and Juice was already gone on another adventure with her Mommy :-( Chris and I got to work unpacking all the hand-me-downs that Juice had given Lily and Charlotte. It was like Christmas all over again! Before long it was nap time. We had been letting Charlotte fuss a little. She has been doing the whole scream bloody murder then the minute you pick her up she passes out, only for you to try to lay her back down and the cycle repeats itself. So we have been letting her fuss for a while then we go back in pat her for a few minutes in the crib and then leave again. We had also been napping her in our bed. We made a barrier for her, and she was doing much better in there for nap b/c it is a darker room.

This is where I lose the Mother of the Year Award for this year.... She had been fussing for a little bit, and I was on the phone. Chris was handling it. He stuck his head around the corner to tell me that he was going to put Lily down for her nap and to keep an ear out for Charlotte. No prob, I do this every single day. I could hear her, and she was just making little noises in protest to her having to nap, not crying/screaming. I let a few minutes go by, and go into check her. I go into the room and I hear her but I couldn't see her. I start throwing pillows and I see her legs and feet, she had pushed through the barrier and gotten herself stuck under covers. Her whole upper body was under there. I ripped her out from under there and start screaming for Chris, I could only think that she needed air (there was never a point that she looked in Resp distress ie blue), I ran her out on the back porch and tore off her t-shirt too cool her off, and put her in front of the fan out there. She was ok, just shook up. Me on the other hand, lost my mind, and kept checking her over and over again. Chris stayed with me until Lily came out of her bedroom and started asking "rdette k?, Mommy k?" Chris redirected her back into the living room, nap time was over. We have made other arrangements to ensure that 1) she will never sleep on the bed again, and 2) she still gets a good nap. So hopefully we will never have to have those what if's run through our heads ever again. That was something that I never want to relive.

We went through the rest of the day with our guard up. Then it was dinner time, Lily has been VERY picky lately. She reminds me of that commercial with Mommy and the little girl. The Mom asks her if she likes waffles, and the little girls says 'I don't think I like waffles'. Lily doesn't like anything that is green, and everything has to either be a hot dog or in the shape of one. On Sunday for dinner we convinced Lily to eat Princess Hot Dogs that were even more special b/c they were in the shape of a Chicken nugget! LOL Chris had left the kitchen while she eating just to come back to waves of laughter, as I egged her on to eat the special "Hot Dogs" or I would and I would be the bestest princess! She loved it... and you know what she ate every bite. We have also recently dined on Princess Peas and Carrots. She will hand one out to Chris and I and then she will take one, she says "1,2,3...ready set go" and then she pops it in her mouth, like we are trying to give her a poison! LOL She will eat anything it just takes a lot of encouraging on our part!

Finally today... it was so nice. Chris has been busting his tail trying to undo all the damage in our backyard. It looks so much better. We are just about ready for the party. Lily and Charlotte love to be out there. We brought out the pack and play for Charlotte. She really liked it in there.
****SIDENOTE**** She is going to start crawling anyday, she has been up on all four's rocking!!!******
We were outside a long time today. We only came back in for lunch and nap. Chris made a great dinner on the grill and he and Lily played the hose. Which is a big deal.. Chris HATES cold water. So to let Lily squirt him and laugh about it was a big deal. Charlotte and I stayed our fair butts as far out of the sun as possible. Lily and Chris both turn this pretty honey brown. Charlotte and I get red just thinking about the sun. Even with SPF 50 Lil still had gotten browner today! I put SPF 50 on Char and STILL keep her under the umbrella just to make sure!

The climax of the weekend happened this evening. We had been seeing a groundhog around our yard, and in our neighbors.... well tonight we got an up close view. Gus (the most wiener of a dog you would ever meet) happily brought it up to Chris tonight and dropped it on our back steps. Chris had gone to go out into the yard, I could hear him trying to get the dogs in. He was more urgent then normal. Then he came back in the house and told me the Groundhog was on the steps, me not thinking that it had already gone to Groundhog heaven told him to get the dogs in. :-) The dogs have one toy that it is a moose, he had at first thought it was that. Until he really saw it.

Now... everyone remember my Attack of the Caterpillar story? So, it is well established that Chris is NOT outdoorsy in the least bit. Ok, he likes being outside, just not the beings that live out there. Now, everyone knows me.... he goes out to deal with removing it. He opens the door, and takes the first little step, and I deeply/sharply inhale, I thought he was going to propel himself into space!! That earned me a "God D&%^*$ it Megan!" ROFL

He handled the removal very well, and I was good the rest of the time :-)

So there you have it... a weekend in review. I will post pics tomorrow. We got some really great ones!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You could never lose the title of "Mother of the Year". You're the best mom I know!

SPIT HAPPENS!!!!!