Saturday, May 31, 2008

Next Sunday,Sunday,Sunday!

We are in final countdown mode around here, we have a plan, all there is left to do is execute it! I spent time on Thursday and made the favors. They are chocolate crosses. I made little chocolates for the Grandma's and God Mommy's for Mother's Day. It was a pain, don't get me wrong I loved making them for these wonderful ladies and I am glad that I did, but the prospect of marking 50 crosses, really didn't sound like fun. Well, that was all before I figured out a little trick, my crock pot! I read something about melting chocolate in there. Guess what? It WORKED! I was amazed. It wasn't messy, the crock pot kept the chocolate nice and melted, and I was able to get all 50 favors made in ONE day! WAHOO!

Today, was a fun day... Rdette's (I think that has become her nickname!)Fairy God Mommy and I took Rdette shopping for her dress! One of the very first dresses we pulled out we exactly Lily's! I LOVED Lily's dress, so of course at first glance we both thought this is it! Oops! We went on and traveled around the Mall and we ended up in a JCPenny's. We found a dress that is as prefect for Charlotte as we could find! It is beautiful! She is going to be beyond words precious, not that she isn't everyday, but I think that she is really going to shine!

Also, I wanted to thank Aunt Tracy for allowing me to talk to my heart's content today. I don't get a lot of adult interaction. I told her today that I feel so bad b/c whenever someone calls to check in on us, I just talk, and talk, and talk! I talk to my Mom everyday, but it was nice to have face time with someone. Poor Chris he trys, but he is at work 10 hours a day and the last thing I know he wants to do some day's is talk! It was just nice to talk about adult things! I didn't have to sing to keep her happy, she didn't fall to the ground kicking and screaming b/c I said no to a dress, she didn't spit up on me and the best part of all she could take her self to the bathroom!! LOL I had a GREAT TIME!

While we were out I was able to score some deals one of which being a new bathing suit that fits Rdette's chubblius self much better then her other one! She looks so cute in it! I am also always on the look out for new cheap Princess dresses for Lily. We found the sweetest dress. The problem is that now I like the new play dress better then the one I had already had picked out! It is going to be a game day decision! :-)

As for tomorrow, I am going to be making a trial run on the cake that I want to make for the party. I think that it is going to be nice... but just in case I already have a back up plan in place!

Ohhh one last thing.. I had made mention of us doing a refi on the house in order to avoid an interest rate jump. Chris signed the papers last night! WAHOOO! He really took the bull by the horns and got this done. :-)

1 comments:

Reba said...

I cannot wait to see pictures of the big day! I want to see pictures of the favors too. I am so impressed that you did all that! I completely understand abou the adult conversation. Sometimes you just need that time to be "carefree" of responsibility and to enjoy talking to a grownup. I know I do!
Reba