Friday, May 23, 2008

Lily the Explorer

Everyone who knows Lily knows that she should belong to a 12 step program to help with her Dora addiction. This Child LOVES her! Today it was her turn to play explorer in our backyard. Her outfit alone deserves a post! Chris said the only thing she was missing was a back pack!!

Chris and I were out there trying to finish the yard for Charlotte's party. Our dogs have had a lot of fun these past few years! Chris was busy with that and I was with the girls keeping everyone happy. Lily was just all over the place, discovering things. Let's see she found, flowers, a bee, birds, doggie ummm droppings (lots of that was pointed out LOL) and she found a log that she made into a train! She kept climbing on it and was shouting "Choo Choo!" I asked her where she was going and she told me "Elmo", that is where is always goes!! :-) It was so great to see her imagination at work. The flower she found was a "princess wand" and we sang (over and over) the Bippity-boppity-boo song from Gus Princess. That is what she calls Cinderella! I sing the whole thing and she waits for her big part and she sings boppy-boppy-boo!

She was just interested in everything. It was so nice to really get out there to play. When they were napping Chris went back outside to get a few more things done and came to get me when it was time to move the swing set. I ran out really quick to help with that. When we went back outside after nap she couldn't wait to try out the new location of the swings! The slide is now a little more on a hill and she flies now! The first time down took us all by surprise!

Charlotte, had a great time in her uni-saucer. We have bought a huge umbrella that we can tilt to keep her in the shade. OHH I am going to be posting new pictures of her we took today.. Chris and I both think she is going to have strawberry blond hair. It is looking more and more like that as is grows in! Speaking of today's pictures... I was taking them on our bed.. Char can finally get on her tummy and it loving it! I was getting some really good pics and Lily decided that Charlotte had quite enough of Mommy's attention. She scooted right in front of her saying "cheese Mommy." I think that I took a pic of that. If I did I will post it. It was our first real sign of rivalry!

Tomorrow.... Maggie and Juice are coming!!! Wahoo!
I don't know you can see it good here... but it is really becoming
strawberry blond! Pretty girl!!

0 comments: