Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sweet Sisters

Lily and Charlotte are like two peas in a pod. They really do love each other. They each show it in their own way. Charlotte will get the biggest smile on her face, and gets all excited. The best way to describe Lily is that she just loves on her. Like today for example we were upstairs and I had them side by side on the floor doing a double duty diaper changes. Lily was done first. She got up found a thick book, lifted Charlotte's head and placed the book as a pillow!

That is just one of the sweet things she does. Lily loves to "Do it". I must hear "I do it" a million times a day. So when we are encouraging Charlotte to do something..(this was really funny when we were trying to help Charlotte roll) Lily says "I do it" and proceeds to show Charlotte how to do it. Tonight I was helping Charlotte stand while holding onto their little castle. Lily sees this and says "I do it" I told her that she could. She came over and held onto Charlotte's arms. Mommy kept her hands on Charlotte just under her bib. Lily BEAMED thinking that she was helping like this. So then I asked Lily if she wants to dance with Charlotte like a princess. You would have thought I gave her gold!!! So she and Charlotte "danced" more like a small sway for a while. Lily stopped looked at Charlotte and said "aww Princess Charlotte" gave her a kiss and then went off to play with her baby doll. Of course of all times we didn't have our camera! I am sure that there will be plenty more of these moments!

Lily likes to think that she is quite independent, and honestly I try to nurture that as much as possible. For instance, she loves to help put her lunch together so I have made her a Lily shelf in the fridge. She can have anything on that shelf with lunch, or as a snack. When it is time I go with her, she opens the door and picks out what she wants. Then I get it open, provide the correct utensil while she throws out the trash. Today, I was coming out from changing Charlotte and I asked Lily what she wanted for lunch, she got right up yelling "I do it" gets into the fridge and reappeared with a juice box and a yogurt before I got Charlotte into her uni-saucer!

The best thing was after nap, she always wants juice. So I asked her today and 99% of the time she wants OJ in a sippy cup. Today she wants a box juice ( I love that they makes these Lily sized! Thanks to Grandpa for turning us onto those!!) she trots of to the kitchen brings me back the juice

- as a side note we have taught her so well... :-) every time she gets one of these boxes she reminds herself to "sip and squeeze." Meaning... don't suck it down and do not squeeze it. LOL It is sweet to hear.

Back to the real story... After she brought in the juice box I asked her if she wanted a cookie. "I do it", she runs back into the kitchen.. and I hear grunt, thump, grunt, thump...thump,thump,thump. The grunt,thump was her jumping trying to get the cookies off the top of the fridge, the thump,thump,thump was her running back to me letting me know that she needed help! LOL

I was trying soooo hard not to laugh, she is tooo sweet!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.