Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy Day Mommy!

That is what Lily says when Chris asks her about Mommy's special day. The girls and I have been busy getting everything together for the special ladies in our lives (Chris too, he gets to see our progress every night!). I can't say what we have/will be doing b/c I know that most of them read the blog.... Sorry ladies. ;-)

I will say that the Lily hugged and kissed each card before it was sealed up! Oh and today I was putting the finishing touches on one and I was making curls out of ribbon. In that moment I was Lily's hero. She gave me one of those "Wow, Mommy" looks!

As for the weekend.. we are headed up to PA for a wedding on Saturday. My cousin is getting married. I have been telling Lily all week that we are going to get to see a real Princess and that her name is Shannon. Lily has told everyone about Princess Annon. She is super excited to go.

On Sunday (weather permitting) we are heading to the Zoo! It is the only thing that I wanted.... OK, ok I told Chris that something shiny goes a long way too LOL! I really wanted to go last year, but it was too hot and I remember that I was feeling very pregnant, so we scrapped that idea and just hung around the house. This year they have a brand new exhibit that allows you to feed a Giraffe! If everything goes well I will be spending Sunday evening posting pictures!

Other then that the girls are doing great. Lily is talking up a storm, she wears her princess dress from sun up till sun down. On a very happy note tomorrow we will be celebrating 3 WEEKS of Lily sleeping in her own bed! WAHOO! She even naps again (sometimes). She is so proud of herself, each morning she comes out and proclaims... "Dora Bed" meaning I did it again I slept in my Dora bed! Lily is doing a great job of being a big sister. Charlotte is into pulling hair now, she just narrows in and WHAM she's gotcha! Well, she does this a lot to poor Lily. Lily doesn't miss a beat, she will calmly tell her clearly "no no, Rdette, baby food." She is just so sweet to Charlotte, brings her toys, and runs to get her a wipe the minute there is a hint of spit up.

Charlotte is just talking up a storm too. She has started the sounds Mamamamama, and Dadadadadada. No meaning to her yet, but I will take sweet mamamas all day! She's board with sitting and now scoots on her bottom. She gets so excited, to cute. We are trying to get her to crawl, but she just goes back down to her belly and rolls over. She is eating very well, she is now wearing clothes that Lily was wearing at 12-15 months! At least we have lots of 18 months things. Lily is still wearing 18 months on bottom for most things! At least for right now Charlotte is shorter then Lil. Although, I think in the weight department they are closer then 5 lbs apart!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

1 comments:

Reba said...

I love going to the zoo...that sounds like a fun Happy Day Mommy to me! I love reading what the girls are up to. Lily sounds like a great big sister. And I know you are loving hearing "mama". It is music to the ears. Well, most of the time. :)
Reba