Friday, May 16, 2008

My Happy Day Mommy

I had a wonderful Happy Mommy Day! Chris got up with the girls on Sunday went to work finishing all the final details. The funny thing is that because of the girls I cannot sleep much past 630. I was able to hear him trying to get them together. It was really sweet. Then as soon as I could tell they were ready to make their grand entrance I turned off the TV and pretended I was sleeping. Lily ran right in yelling "Happy Day Mommy, Happy Day!!!" She was so excited that she threw her card at me! Everyone was pulled into the bed. A real treat for Lily- we haven't let her be in our bed at all for almost a month now! She was more then excited to sleep with Mommy! I opened my wonderful gifts and cards. My favorite is one of those cards that you record a message with. It is Lily saying in a very matter of fact manner... "Hi Mommy, Pause Love chew, pause happy day mommy" I loved it! Chris signed it 'love your 3 amigos!' He had been trying to get Charlotte to make some sort of noise for it too but of all times she clamed up!



After we all got ready we were off to the Zoo! It was such a nice time. I think that Lily really didn't think that the animals that we read about were real things. We saw Rhinos first, then we went to the Penguins and it was breakfast time!! She was so excited to see them swimming, and eating. She kept signing eat over and over again! Then we walked on to the elephants. Our Zoo has a new baby elephant named Samson. He was out with his Momma. There were lots of people looking at him so we walked down a little to see the male elephant. I have a great picture of Lily seeing the elephant drinking. It is a perfect ohhhhh face! Charlotte my sweet baby was less then impressed with the Zoo. She spent much of the day with a 'what is the big deal?' look on her face the after lunch she slept for about 2 hours! We ended up staying at the Zoo for 5 hours! Lily was sooooo tired. We had let her/she insisted on walking a good portion of it, if you think about it one of our steps are at least two of hers. So her poor little legs were worn out. Plus she had to blow a kiss and say good-bye to everyone of the animals! She is such a sweetie! She was out before we even got out of the city! The best part of the day was the fact, that even though it had been cloudy most of the day, the rain held off until we got home. So I got to enjoy my day in full!

All in all it was a wonderful, I got exactly what I wanted a day with my two favorite girls, and my hubby! I told Chris that I would like to make the Zoo trip an annual tradition.

0 comments: