Friday, May 16, 2008

Charlotte got smashed!

No... not in another automatic door! This time it was ALLL Daddy. Wednesday evening we were getting ready for dinner. Chris and Charlotte went down first, I stayed behind while Lily said her good-byes to everything in the playroom. I had finally convinced her to go the down the steps when Charlotte starts screaming. I know that scream all it means is pain. All I hear is Chris saying over and over her was sorry and trying to comfort her, I am yelling from the steps asking what had happened. Lily and I go double time down the steps to get into the kitchen and he has the panic look on his face. He tells me that he got her finger caught in the tray of the high chair. She is on his shoulder I start looking at her hand, he tells me it is her index finger.

The minute I saw her hand I yelled "OMG you have broken her finger!!" It looked soooo swollen, and red. Chris was devastated. Charlotte calmed down a little bit so I had him out her in the high chair, I started to really inspect her little hand, she is still pretty upset, but she is letting me touch her.

I put both of her hands together and I noticed that no her hand wasn't swollen it all it was just that chunky!!! Her other hand looked just as "swollen" if not a little more so! Finally she started to calm down completely and we went on with dinner. Chris hasn't turned that shade of white in a long time! During bath time I overly washed that hand to see if I got any response and she was fine. The next day I noticed a small scratch on her still "swollen" index finger.

It is events like this that I have to remind myself that the U.S government has deemed us suitable parents so we can't be too bad at this!!

0 comments: